Friday, August 21, 2009

Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself...

Wow...it's been exactly 7 months--yes SEVEN whole months since my last blog post! I wasn't sure I would want to write or blog again, but I want to give it another go. So here goes =)


As far as where I've been--to be honest, it's been a rough year for me and writing or updating a blog was the last thing on my mind. I tend to distance myself from friends and loved ones when things are going on in my life partly because I don't like for people to worry about me and partly because the pride I inherited from my Daddy keeps me from wanting others to pity me, so I needed some time--or long time haha--to deal as well as evaluate why I started a blog in the first place.

When I started this blog last summer, I was pretty late into the game. So many people had been blogging about any and everything for a few years, and though I wanted to write and share what I wrote, I wasn't sure where I actually fit in. I needed to find my voice but didn't know where to start. Luckily taking a break to go through what I was dealing with sparked me to make some lifestyle changes, which has helped me find that voice!! I plan to document those changes right here, and even if no one reads this I trust getting out it somehow will help me remain motivated. I invite you along on my journey, I'm so excited about the possibilities! Stayed tuned as day by day I'll go into each aspect of my mini-transformation!

P.S. Thanks to Javacia over at GeorgiaMae for encouraging me to continue writing here.

No comments: