Monday, September 15, 2008

MiSS Concrete Jungle Is Under Construction..Not the Blog--ME!

Hmm...what shall I say, 'Bear with me?' Yeah I guess that works for now. As much as I love writing posts about music and current events, I realize I'm still kinda dealing with some things in my personal life that I'd probably find therapy for through writing about it. One small problem--I need to write about it. When I first started this blog, I really had no clear-cut definition of what I wanted it to be. For the most part I figured I would rant and rave about my life in NYC and in general, and that you my readers would tune in and be interested! However I kinda suffer from a complex where I'm afraid to just put myself out there about a lot of things, even though I thought I was ready. I wasn't. So I started writing about music, and current events, more music, one personal post, music again. Basically I'm staying in my comfort zone, and not fully utilizing the outlet that I really feel this blog could provide. So ya know? It's time out for that, I just need to go for it--right? If you read a post, and realize you know exactly what I'm talking about--probably because you're a personal friend of mine--oh well, recommend the blog to a friend who doesn't know me. I'm certainly not on a quest to offend anyone I know, and hopefully I won't, but I'm definitely on a quest to become a better woman, and I'm damn determined (hehe). Writing will be my solace. Who knows, maybe I'll help some folks along the way.

Stay tuned..................

2 comments:

javacia said...

It is scary putting yourself out there but from someone who puts herself out there often (in a column read by 50,000-plus people, in the same city I live in) it's worth it. I get so many emails from people telling me that my writing has helped them, encouraged them, let them know they aren't alone, or at least entertained them. So go for it girl. It's time to heal.

Miss Concrete Jungle said...

thanx!!