Saturday, August 16, 2008

'Da Truth!

Early this week (when I still had cable..long story..Bronx residents beware: the folks at Cablevision are some perps..) I caught Eric Benet's new single, "You're The Only One" on my FAV music channel VH1 Soul and liked it instantly. The single has a real ol' school, 'they don't make music like this anymore,' 'make u wanna be in luv' feel to it, so I hope folks will take notice when his new album drops this fall. But the joint also got me to reminiscing about how much I've always loved his voice and enjoyed his music from day 1. Like any true music aficionado, I can't stand it when artists with bonafide talent spend the better part of their careers on the underrated radar, and Eric Benet is unfortunately one of those artists in my book. Let's forget for a moment the whole tragic end to his relationship with Halle Berry, and remember that before his 'he's gotta have it' days, Benet was and still is 'da Truth!! Luckily enough, in my opinion I will say some of his early limelight was squashed by the likes of D'Angelo, Maxwell, etc., so at least he wasn't overshadowed by some wack wannabes (which happens WAYYY to often nowadays). So 'Da Truth is my tribute to the true artists out there..Below check out "You're The Only One" & "Femininity" which I'm sure you remember from his debut album...






HARD WORK, SECOND EFFORT (always worth it), DEDICATION (never give up on your craft), LOYALTY & LOVE...

No comments: